Keeping applications updated lets the utility work smoother and notifies you about any newly added feature. The same is applicable to Microsoft Office setup to eliminate error while using any utility. Users who access the application of Mac device could encounter update problems.
Chances may occur with Microsoft AutoUpdate when it offers an incorrect version of Office 2016 for Mac updates even when you have already installed Office setup for Mac 2008. When you accept the update alert, the Office setup for Mac 2008 gets automatically buy accutane the acne online upgraded to Office 2016.
On the other hand, the error can take place if you are running Microsoft AutoUpdate with its 3.14.0 version. In such a case, you need to perform a few steps to fix the problem. You can also get in touch with Office customer support for easy assistance.
This issue will be resolved if one or more of your applications are automatically upgraded to Office 2016 for Mac, go through the procedure as mentioned below to slip back to Office for Mac 2008.
Steps to fix Microsoft AutoUpdate version 3.14.1
- Launch Microsoft Office 2008 folder or open finder to navigate Applications> Microsoft Office 2008 folder
- Press the CTRL key on your keyboard, select the following utility names, and choose Move to Trash:
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel
- Save and keep the location secured of your Office for Mac 2008 installation media, and re-install the product.
- Your present data, settings, and license will be preserved upon installation.
- If you find any data misplaced or have lost some of your original media, you can directly download and install the product via office.com/setup
The issue has now been fixed. In case you the problem persist, try to download the product by visiting Office com setup and login to your existing account.