Office Setup is something that you should have on your laptop or PC. But installing the software is sometimes very tricky and can get confusing. You need not worry. Today in this blog I am going to give you a complete step by step guide on how to install Office Setup on Windows.
Office 365 gives you access to full application. You can use the software across devices, it gives you extra online space as well. And the best part is you can use the software virtually from anywhere. You only need to have your credentials and login details in place.
Step by Step Guide to Install Office on Windows from the website:
Follow these steps and I am sure you will be able to install the software without any problem. I am assuming that you already have the product key, if not you need to get the key first. Let us begin with the installation steps then.
The first thing that you need to do is log in to your Microsoft account. If you have been using any of these Microsoft services such as Outlook.com, OneDrive, Xbox Live or Skype, you already have an account.
If not, you can always click on the create account button and make a new Microsoft account.
Enter your email id, phone or skype id. Type in your password and log in.
After signing in you need to enter your product key and then click on next. You can find your product key at the back of your product card or on the receipt. Once you are done with the product key, you can activate Office on other devices with your log in details. You do not have to enter the product key every time. After entering your product key. It will ask you for your Country/Region and your language. Fill in the details and click ‘Next’.
Next, you will be redirected to the Services & Subscription page. Here at the right corner of the page, you will see an ‘Install’ tab. Click it and your Microsoft Office installation process will begin. Once it is done you can then access it on other devices with your Microsoft log in id and password.
These were three simple steps to install Microsoft Office on Windows from the official website if you have your product key. Now let us have a look at the steps to install the software manually. For this, you will need the .exe file and the product key.
Step by Step Guide to Manually Install Office on Windows:
Before you install the Office Setup, you need to uninstall any old version or any trial version that you have been using. To remove/uninstall the setup follow these steps:
- Go to the control panel on your system.
- Click on Add/Remove Programs.
- Locate the office setup.
- Double click on the Office software.
- Follow the instruction to uninstall.
Before installing the Office setup, you need to update your Windows to the latest version. Once the update is finished you can install the software. To update Windows, follow these steps:
- Go to the START menu
- Click All Programs
- Click the Windows Update Link
- Download and update Windows.
- Go to .exe download file (C:\Users\Your Username\Downloads).
- Open the folder for the Windows version (32bit – 64bit).
- Then double click on the setup.exe file.
- Read the licence agreement and click on the ‘I Agree….’ checkbox.
- Click Continue
Click the ‘Install Now’ tab. If you have not uninstalled any old or trial version, when you reach this stage, instead of the Install Now button, you will see an ‘Upgrade’ button here.
After the installation is done click the ‘Close’ button.
Installation of the Office Setup is complete. Now comes the activation part.
- Go to the START menu.
- Click on the All Programs > Microsoft Office
- Then click on any program (Excel, Access, etc) and open it.
- When you click on any program, the Activate Office window will pop up.
- Click on the ‘Enter a product key instead’.
- Enter the ‘Product Key’ and click ‘Continue’.
- Next, you will see 3 options – Use recommended settings, Install updates only, Ask me later.
- Make sure you select the ‘Use recommended settings’ option.
- Then click the ‘Accept’ button.
On the next window, you will see a Welcome to your new Office note by Microsoft.
Click on the ‘Next’ button.
Select the background theme that you want for your Office Setup. Choose from the option list under the tagline ‘How would you like your office to look?’
After selecting the theme, click ‘Next’.
If you want to associate the office setup with the Microsoft account so that you can access your files from anywhere on any device, follow these steps:
- Click Sign In
- Select the type of account you want
- Sign In, if you already have a Microsoft account.
- If you do not have an account, you can always create one by clicking the ‘Sign Up Now’ button.
- Create your account
If you do not want to sign in and associate your software with the Microsoft account, you can skip step 5 and click on ‘No thanks, maybe later’.
Click on the ‘All done’ and your Office Setup is all ready to use on your computer.
So, this was a complete step-by-step guide on how to install Office Setup on windows. I have shared both the steps if you want to install it from the Microsoft site or want to manually install it for your convenience. Do share your views in the comment box below. You can also add if I might have missed any step. And feel free to reach out if you face any issues while installing Office Setup.