To verify your WeChat account, you have to link a phone number to the WeChat ID. After linking a mobile number to the WeChat account, you cannot unlink it without replacing it with another phone number or removing the WeChat account. In case you still want to unlink your phone number from WeChat account, then follow the instructions mentioned below.
Steps to Unlink Your Phone Number from WeChat
• Go to the WeChat application on the computer or mobile device.
• It resembles a two speech bubble given on olive color background.
• You will get the WeChat application on the home screen.
• In case you are getting the conversation menu on the screen, then press on the ‘Black” option to go back to the menu list of all the conversations.
• Press on the Me option located at the end right-hand side of the display.
• Press on the Settings option provided at the end of the WeChat profile list.
• Press on the Account Security option.
• Click on the Phone option.
• Press on the Change Mobile option. Here you will get the recently linked phone number and the pin code of a country.
• Click on the recent mobile number and after that, enter a new mobile number.
• Press on the OK button.
• Now, you will get the confirmation code on the new mobile number you had entered already.
• Type the confirmation code on the given column provided by the WeChat to unlink your phone number.
• In case you have not got any confirmation code on your registered mobile number, then press on the “No verification code received?” section.
• At last, press on the Submit button to complete linking the new mobile number to the account registered with the WeChat.
• Now, you have successfully unlink your phone number from WeChat.
Steps to Remove Your WeChat Account
Before you go through the removing procedure of your WeChat account, you should check the following things mentioned below:
• Recently, you have not changed the WeChat account password or linked any mobile number in the past two weeks.
• You need to cancel or deactivate the WeChat Pay and no remaining amount should be due.
• You should remove all the vouchers given in the Cards and Offers column of the account registered with the WeChat.
• You should unlink the WeChat account from the third-party applications.
After checking all the following options mentioned above, now you can request to remove your WeChat account. In case your request is not accepted by the WeChat, then you need to click twice on the below-mentioned list:
• Launch the WeChat application.
• It resembles an olive color symbol with two speech bubbles, and this application is located on the home screen.
• In case the WeChat application opens the last conversation window, then click on the Back button to go to the current conversation list.
• Press on the Me button given at the end right-hand side of the display to open the WeChat profile window.
• Press on the Settings option.
• Press on the Account Security button.
• Click on the WeChat Security Center option located at the end of the menu.
• Press on the Account Cancellation option located at the end of the Security Center window.
• Press on an olive color Request Cancellation option.
Jeniffer Leio is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, She written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.